Spesso Racing – High Performance Gaskets
Spesso in the early 1990’s, started a strong activity in R&D on special Kevlar based materials and devoted to manufacturing high performance cylinder head gaskets for Racing applications. That was the birth of Spesso Racing.
Since then and after a long experience of close cooperation with the most important European engine performance tuning specialists and racing teams, we have developed very high performance sealing solutions extremely reliable with high temperatures, pressures and mechanical stress.
Technology – Different Sealing Solutions
- Double Metal Core
- Three layers of special Kevlar based paper and two perforated metal cores inside, bore rings in AISI 321 stainless steel. Suitable for turbocharged engines with high turbo pressures.
- Single Metal Core
- Two layers of special Kevlar based paper and single perforated metal core inside, bore rings in AISI 321 stainless steel. Suitable for aspirated engines to increase compression ratio thanks to a reduced thickness
- Full Combustion Chamber Rings
- Both the previous solutions can be improved with different sealing system in the combustion area. Instead of the metal rings folded around the gasket body at the combustion chamber passages, there are separate full AISI 321 steel rings. This solution increases dramatically the cylinder head gasket resistance to pressure and temperature. The rings can be also re-fitted in some cases.
- Special metal materials with a perfectly tuned combustion chamber bead provide the gas sealing, while elastomers profiles provide the fluid sealing. The innovative compressive strength distribution concept in the engine block/cylinder head region means a high compressive strength in the combustion chamber and a low compressive strength in the fluid area. The result is optimum sealing, even with ignition pressures as high as 180 bar, engine outputs of more than 2000 kW.